This is one of my favorite times of year. I love harvest. I love the smell, the dirt...all of it. And my kids are right there with me. We were pretty busy this time heading back and forth to Grandpa Kim's farm and "dad's farm". Eli worked for my cousin so we were all over the place. Tyler loved the treats and pop. Allie loved Daddy's big truck and Zach just loved everything. That kid would drive a digger today if we let him. The days are long but I love them. And I realized I get a lot more done around the house when Eli doesn't get home until midnight. My dad swears up and down that this is his last year and I actually believe him. Everyone kept asking me if I was sad riding around with him on the last day. It was just another harvest to me. It's all I've known my entire life. I think it will hit me more next year when I have no tractor to ride in but.....there is always the water truck Kimmer! I know as good as the next person how hard it is to keep a farmer away from the farm.




7 comments:
I love this post. It makes me miss the good ol' harvest days. You are so lucky that you get to share the experience with your kids. Cam and I are always talking about spud harvest all the "character building" moments. :)
They just look at us like we are nuts.
Harvest time is in our blood! I have to call my dad every day to see how the spuds look and how things are going. Crazy farm girls! I bet you would be able to find someone to let you ride around with next year :)
Joel will let you ride with him! :)
Allie looks so happy in that picture on the back of the spud truck! Your kids are so cute--seeing them in the pit so excited to be riding around with dad was too cute. I hope my kids get to experience part of harvest like that when I have them!
Hi Nicole! Amber gave me your chicken noodle soup recipe and I made it tonight and just had to tell you how delicious it was!! :)
Wow does that bring back memories!!! I've tried to explain to my kids the smell of the dirt and a potato cellar. It's one of those things you have to experience I guess. And congratulations on another girl. I hope everything goes well for you guys!
Post a Comment