Tuesday, August 5, 2008

They're off!


So after two months of Zach begging me to take his training wheels off so he could "kick dust like his brother" I finally had Eli do it. Both of us were sure he'd be putting them right back on since he is only three, but to our surprise the little fart took right off. There was no fear! At least from him. We just watch him tear down the street and whip around like it was nobody's business, just waiting for him to wipe out on the turn. It took him a few minutes to figure out how to get on by himself but by the next afternoon he looked like he had been riding without the training wheels forever. He is such a fearless kid. Now the biggest problem we have is that he thinks everyday he is in the x games. He wiggles his bike back and forth and him and Tyler built a jump on our sidewalk out of a log and a piece of plywood. He just can't seem to get enough air. So they build it as high as it will go, and now he thinks it's a good idea to try and kick his legs out from behind him as soon as he's airborn. Somehow, he has managed to get them back down before he lands and hasn't crashed yet. I know it's coming...the gravel in the chin, the compound fracture to the forearm. He is just happy that he can do huge jumps and ride his bike in the empty lot across the street without getting high centered on his training wheels anymore...and oh yeah...now he can go super SPEED!


5 comments:

Jen said...

What a cute family you have! Don't you just love having boys...they make life crazy, but fun. You are going to have such a fun time with a girl too!

You have one talented boy to zooming around like that without training wheels at the age of 3!
(This is Jen Claunch by the way. I have been peaking in on your blog, but I don't remember if I have left a comment yet...my brain has become mush since becoming a mom.)

Erin Rebecca said...

Holy cow!! Go speed racer go!! I have been trying to get Brooke to take off her training wheels but she is just to chicken!! I will have to tell her that Zach did it! Way to go Zach!

J. said...

Our boys would be such good friends. Mine are always trying to make a jump out of what ever piece of scrap wood they can find. I can't believe he is only three. That's one cordinated little pup.

Westlund Family said...

They're getting so big! Time flies!

Ashton & Co. said...

Already a natural athlete! So cute!