It never ceases to amaze me the things that come out of our kids mouths, but today Tyler caught me off guard a little. I had just put all the little kids to bed and he was following me downstairs and I half heard him ask me what something was. I thought he had said "dragon" but knew that he already knew what a dragon was. So I asked him what he had said. This was what came next. "Mom...what is a dragqueen???" In a split seconds time, I had already thought to myself...WHAT???? You're five for crying out loud!!! I don't remember for sure how old I was when I realized what one was, but I'm pretty sure that I was somewhere close to getting out of high school. So I asked him where he had heard the word before. Of course, it was off just another one of the great DVD's we have in our home. This one came from the Bee movie. Before I could say anything else, he explained to me, what a dragqueen was and wouldn't you know it...he hit it right on the mark. Being smarter than his mom seemed to satisfy him and he went on his way. At least he didn't ask why any man would want to dress like a woman. Anyway, I thought I had been being pretty careful with his movie watching after the few weeks we had of taking the Lord's name in vain...thanks Monster House. That movie has been broken and half and thrown out with the trash and we've been watching a lot more of Toy Story. But it seems that more and more, no matter what we do to protect our kids, they find and hear things on their own. Anyway, other than that we haven't been up to much of anything exciting. I tried to load a slideshow from the 4th of July but my blog won't take slideshows, or videos...help!!! Anyone have any ideas for me? The most fun today happened when the fire department showed up across the street to check the hydrant.

Zach and Brylee were out riding their bikes and thought it was the coolest thing.

All Zach could say was "that was a LOT of water!" Then he had to ride his bike in it for the next 20 minutes.

This one's for you Amber. When Eli came home for lunch your kids were having a ball with him. Payson was laughing so hard. We took a couple of pictures but this one turned out the best. Brylee had just given him a big kiss on the forehead. (They were hiding from Eli under the piano).
Zach and Brylee were out riding their bikes and thought it was the coolest thing.
All Zach could say was "that was a LOT of water!" Then he had to ride his bike in it for the next 20 minutes.
This one's for you Amber. When Eli came home for lunch your kids were having a ball with him. Payson was laughing so hard. We took a couple of pictures but this one turned out the best. Brylee had just given him a big kiss on the forehead. (They were hiding from Eli under the piano).
5 comments:
What a cute story- I know it is scary when you hear your kids say something and you swear they didn't hear it from you, it's usually always a movie! Those darn things! Cute pics! How are you feeling? when is the date again?
Good grief that Zach is a cute boy.
Just wait until your boys are 12, then the real scary stuff starts coming out of their mouths!
Jr. High.... sigh.
You have to TRY to monitor what they watch, do on the computer, and say when your not watching. I would prefer they going back to age 5! Much easier.
Speaking of Jr. High... you were a way cool locker partner. Our decor was the best ;)
OH my i'm sorry about Ty! He must just have an ear for things...haha! Well that pic of Brylee and Payson is very cute I might have to get a copy. And I still need to come help you with your blog! call me.
You guys need to stop next time and let the boys ride the slide! We would love it!
Your boys are getting so big and cute and a girl on the way, that's so exciting. You'll be like Todd and I, two boys and finally we got Harleigh. I came upon your blog from Michelle's. I just started a blog but I decided to go private. Send me an e-mail and I'll send you an invite coldav1@msn.com.
Post a Comment