Friday, September 26, 2008

ALEXIS NICOLETTE PENA


She's here! Our 9 months of waiting are finally over. Alexis arrived on Tuesday the 23rd at 11:08 in the morning after too many hours of on and off labor. She is such a pretty little girl, and so tiny. She weighed 5 pounds 11 ounces and was 18 inches long. I never thought I'd have such a teeny baby, but I love it. She is already such a good baby. She doesn't cry, and hardly even fusses (unless we change her clothes and she gets cold). It didn't even take a second for her to melt her dad's heart, and her brothers love her more than anything. They just want to hold her all day. Tyler has been singing her lullabys and Zach loves to hold her hand and tell her "it's alright" when she's getting changed. We are so thankful that she is here and a part of our little family.

I just like this picture because you can tell a little bit better how small she is.

23 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

Congrats you guys! She is beautiful! Aunt Judy told me last night that you had had her... I hope all went well, she is SO DARLING! Already your precious little girl! I will come by so I can meet her! Best wishes- you'll love having a girl! :)

author said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!

Colette said...

She is beautiful Nicole. I LOVE her name, very pretty. I'll bet those brothers are loving her! I can't wait to see her! I hope you're feeling well! CONGRATULATIONS!

Lisa said...

Congrats you two! She is darling and I am sure you will wonder what you ever did without her in your lives. We hope you all recover well and enjoy this new person!

Melissa Casper said...

Congrats!! Your has offically changed forever now that you have a girl, they are so fun and she is so beautiful. There is nothing sweeter than seeing your husband melting hearts with a daughter, that bond will never change and only getting stronger. my girls are such daddy girls and they have got him all tied up. Word of advice, stay in your p.j's as long as possible so then you don't have to do anything but nurse and sleep. Hang in there with three is is crazy for a little while but then it tuns into to cake!!
congrats again!!

Heather said...

I have been anxiously waiting for you to have your baby. Partly because that means I am next. :) She is beautiful, I am so happy for you guys. Congrats!!

Zach and Nikky said...

Becky called me tonight to tell me how beautiful she is and she was right! I'm so glad everything went well. Hopefully we'll get to meet her when we come home for Christmas. Congratulations!!

Audrey and Geoffery said...

Congratulations Nicole! She's soo cute and little! It's making me baby hungry! No boy will come near her with those two older brothers looking after her! I bet they love having a little sister.

Tara said...

Nicole!!!
Congratulations. I have been waiting for this news. How exciting. She is beautiful. Very clever name... aren't you Nicole Alexandra??? (Or something close to that) I'm not sure how I remember that.

My daughter Kira was 5 lbs 13oz and 18 1/2 inches. She was so tiny, and Alexis is even smaller than that. I loved having a teeny tiny baby.

Kelli said...

Congratulations!! She is so cute and little! I bet her big brothers are loving to help out with her. Hope you're feeling well!!
Best wishes, Kelli

Jeppesens said...

She is so cute. I love having little babies too. Both of my girls were around 6 lbs. And ella was 5 11 when we left the hospital. It is amazing how fast they catch up. I bet your boys are just in love. Having a girl will bring maybe a softer side to the boys, and girls definitly do melt their daddies hearts. Poor joe has not chance with 2 girls. I guess we need a boy next. Hope you are feeling good. I will have to stop by and see you guys.

Westlund Family said...

She is so BEAUTIFUL! Congreats

Cherish said...

Congratulations, she's precious.

Stacie said...

Congratulations!! She is just adorable and how fun for the boys (especially Eli)to have a little girl to dote on.

Amber said...

I need to come see her again, she's so cute and tiny! Scary how it makes me kind of baby hungry....don't tell Broc!!

The Mcclellan's said...

I am so excited for you guys. I love the outfit and headband, she will be all girl. I can't believe how little she was. It's it cute how a little girl can just melt the guys hearts. Im glad the boys like her and just want to help. I hope all is well. Congratulations.

Jen said...

Congrats Nicole! She is beautiful and so tiny. I don't know if a girl would survive with our 3 crazy boys. It sure would be fun though!

Cortney said...

What a beautiful little girl, congratulations!

Jamie said...

YEAH!!!! She is finally here. So glad to hear that your beautiful little girl is here and that everything is going great for you guys.

Rasmussens said...

I am so happy for you. She is so beautiful. Lauren was 5 pounds, and I loved how tiny she was. Her name is is gorgeous! congrats. Next time we are in Rexburg, I would love to stop by!

Emily said...

Hi Nicole,
I found a link to your blog on Brookes (Mendenhall) blog. It is so fun to take a peek into the lives of old high school friends! Conratulations! She is just beautiful. Your boys are super cute too. I'm kind of bias when it comes to boys though, cause I have 4 of my own. Have fun with that gorgeous baby girl.
Emily (Nye)

Rachel said...

She is so precious!! I am so happy for you. I also love her name. Congrats!! Be sure to post more pictures. She is tiny and will grow so fast. Mine is 5 months now is it makes me so sad.

jami wyatt said...

I'm so happy for you! She is so darling! I love how you had her all prettied up at the hospital with the bows and pink (I changed my girls from that ugly hospital wrap around for something more girly too). I'm glad there is a little more pink in your home! Good luck with everything :)