Friday, October 3, 2008

WHAT A WEEK

Well, we have already had Alexis home for more than a week. It will always amaze me how fast time flies by once they get here. She is such a good baby and still hardly fusses. I'm sure she is saving it for some time down the road. The boys are really enjoying her and are even better helpers than I thought they'd be. Tyler loves to hold her and has even tried picking her up and packing her around a few times (yikes!). At least he remembers to hold her head up. Zach watches over her every move and gets so concerned when she cries. He loves to help me put her bows in every morning, it is so funny. He'll go and get the container I keep them in and bring me her brush, the "sticky stuff" and baby gel. All I have to do is stick it on her head. Her dad loves coming home and "bonding" with her over a game of NFL Blitz every chance he gets. She really is so much fun just to hold and watch. I had forgotten how much I love babies. I didn't think it had been that long. I forgot what they smelled like, how sweet they look when they stare of into nothing, how comforting it is to hold them. She has reminded me how much I love being a mom. I knew I would like having a little girl, but I didn't think I would enjoy it this much. I have loved everything about my boys... their rough and tough attitudes, the balls, bats, trucks and dirt. Now I have something new to enjoy. I get so excited to get her dressed every day and match her socks and bows to all of her little outfits. I love the pink and purple and flowers and all the little girly things she already has. She has truly been a blessing to our family and to have in our home. I never thought she would make it here after all we went through at the beginning of the pregnancy, and I never want to forget the miracle she is. We love our little Allie so much! Here are some pictures from her first week home.

Zach and his little sister, what a pair
I thought this picture was kind of neat. It is Tyler letting Alexis hold his finger. He has really taken on the role of big brother with flying colors.
Right after her first bath (that she hated!!!)
Ok, she wouldn't be a Pena if she didn't like the Broncos. So we dressed her up for last Sunday's game to show her support. The orange and blue bows were so cute but we all decided she does look better in pink.

3 comments:

Amber said...

How lucky she is to have such good brothers. If you ever need a break send zack down here to play with Brylee, she always needs a friend:)

...and Broc says Alexis would look better in Blue and Silver...hmmmm take a guess at what that means.

The Mcclellan's said...

She is so darling. I agree with you girls have a way to melt your heart. Im afraid for when they get older though. What happened in the begining of your pregnancy? I agree about dressing them its so fun to match their clothes and headbands. I love the little bows.

Rachel said...

So precious. It makes me teary eyed to think of how quickly the time passes. I am sure enjoying every moment more than I ever did with my other two. The picture with Zac and her hands you have to enlarge in black and white. It is adorable. What a precious little spirit. I wish I could hold her. Mine were never that little.