Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Tyler's birthday...number "9"

I can't believe we have a 9 year old. I look at him every day and realize that my crazy little boy is mostly a memory. He has grown so much. Even his jokes are grown up jokes. He is changing so much. He really enjoys playing basketball and loved his first year playing. He is really starting to enjoy reading and loves to put his headlamp on every night when he goes to bed so he can read until he gets tired. He loves to play the xbox and can even beat his dad sometimes! His newest obsession though is sharks. Whenever he gets the chance he will watch the seasons of shark week on netflix. The kid is a walking book of knowledge on sharks. He knows everything there is to know about every kind of shark and loves to talk about it. He is such a fun "big" boy and we are really enjoying watching him grow up. Happy Birthday Ty! We love you so much!
Behold! The new sled from Grandpa Kim!


Of course he had to have a shark cake. After the last one I made him I swore I would NEVER make another one, it was such a beast. But I discovered the trick of using rice crispie treats as a mold and covering with marshmallow fondant. It was so fun and easy. He loved it! And yes, that is a bloody swedish fish in his mouth...like I said, he isn't a little boy anymore!






0 comments: