Thursday, June 19, 2008

Spray Park Fun

Well, we finally bit the bullet and went to the spray park. I swore I wouldn't take the kids this year because I'd rather let them swim in a ditch than run around in the park's disease-infested water, but somehow I was convinced to give in by one of our friends. It was a short trip but the kids had a ball. Tyler would have stayed all day if I would have let him. Zach had fun but somehow kept getting cold, even though it was scorching hot outside. He would come and wrap up in his towel and curl up in the blanket I laid out. He was melting me, but still kept saying he was freezing. We went with the Walker kids and their mom had threatened them that if they opened their mouth and let the water get in, they would have diarrhea for weeks. Her little girl just kept walking around saying "poop." We'll see if we end up making any trips to the doctor. I still think I'm a bigger fan of my dad's pond water. You just have to wonder how some parents can let their kids run around and sit in a pool with a dirty diaper on and not think twice about it. Sick, sick, sick. I know I need to relax, but something about it just grosses me out! Next week, I call the sand bar or Rigby Lake. As long as the kids have sunshine and water, they'll be as happy as little clams.


8 comments:

Tara said...

They look like they had fun.
Too bad Rexburg doesn't have more options than the spray park and the pond. Good grief, I can't believe it was warm enough to go, didn't it just snow there?

Hey, I was just remembering when you and I slept over night at some store (I forgot the name of it) to get Garth Brooks tickets. We slept in the station wagon... "sunnsnow" license plates. Good times.

The Pena family said...

Ok, is it weird that I was thinking that same thing today. No joke. I don't know why....it was by the stockyards though by that western clothes store. That is so funny!!! The good old days for sure.

Amber said...

I agree that rigby lake would be better! I thought of that today cuz i was kind of worried about the water but Brylee didn't really get in it much so oh well.

Heather said...

I know last year Mack got ghiardea when we went to the spray park. We got home from our trip and no joke the minute Cams mom called to say there was an outbreak Mack is already in the bathroom losing it at both ends.Good times!! I am not sure that will be on our agenda this year when we visit or not.

Ashton & Co. said...

I hear you about the spray park. I was there last year and some 40 year old gross hairy guy was there BY HIMSELF- I couldn't help but wonder why he was there and who he was looking at. It freaked me out- so much I called the city and gave them an ear full of all my complaints. right after that was the e.coli outbreak...
Anyway, hope all is well with you. How are you feeling? Holding up in the hot weather okay? I don't know if you knew this, but I just went private with my blog, but I don't have your email. If you would like, you could email me so I have your address and can invite you in. I would love to keep in touch! My email is jmstpa@msn.com Cya!

Cherish said...

Looks like fun, your boys are so stinking cute.

Bowman Bunch said...

That is awesome that they have that spray park in rexburg.How fun is that! Your boys are cuties. I will tell Ben and Nat hi for you. It is funny how Aubree and Ethan are so different. Crazy! Before you know it your families will grow and you will have lots of people to do trips with. It is fun!

Westlund Family said...

Finally it's warm!