Tyler, Zach and Alexis right before we left for church. She loved church so much she had her first blowout, clear up to her hair.....and you'd think after 2 other kids I'd remember to pack extra clothes in the diaper bag....nope!!
Our pretty little 3 week old. Her cheeks are getting chubbier and cuter by the day!
I tried all day to get a picture of her smiling, but every time she would grin I'd be a second too late.....this was as close as I got.
The last couple of days I've caught her holding her binky. I finally got the proof...what a smart little girl!!
I can't believe that Alexis is already 3 weeks old. I swore when I was pregnant that I couldn't make it one more week, I was so ready to be done. And here it is 3 weeks later already. The time is already going by so fast. I really have been trying to enjoy every moment that I have with her because I know that time doesn't slow down. Even doing that it is still blowing by me. Having the boys running circles around me all day long might have something to do with it. And as much as I have been a big fan of spud harvest break since I was a little kid, I think I've decided after the last 10 days that kindergartners probably would be better off at school (at least their moms might be better off). The kids have had a blast being at home, running wild, disappearing while I nurse the baby, slashing our couch/end tables/entertainment center with a utility knife, playing in the mud and snow, riding around the farm with their dad, drawing on our dining room table with a sharpie, learning to change diapers so their wives will appreciate them even more when they have kids of their own, having "sleepovers" almost every night on the bottom bunk because they don't have to get up, making cookies to take to the farm, making cinnamon rolls for the first day of snow.....did I mention I'm kind of tired??? Yes, Tyler slashed our couches, I should take a picture but I still don't know how I feel about it. He wasn't mad, jealous or anything else I can think of. He just saw the knife and thought it might be fun. I'm pretty sure he has decided that it wasn't very fun at all. I don't think it is possible for my head to get any closer to exploding than when I discovered his little art piece. Thank goodness for once in my life I remembered to excercise some self control.....after a little bit of yelling. I just keep reminding myself that our furniture is just "things" and that I am thankful for the real "things" that I have. I do love my family so much, even my crazy, independent little boys. I have been reminded of how much I love being a mom and how important my role is to my family. I know I still don't have enough patience, and I realize that might not ever change...and that's ok. What I get to wake up to every morning is a blessing. I'm thankful for a husband that is not afraid to work hard to support our family, that is still so helpful when he is home, that he honors his priesthood and sets such a good example for his boys to follow. I'm thankful that now I have a little girl that I can set an example for, that she may grow up to be a good mother some day too. I've got my work cut out for me, but I'm grateful for the extra responsibility. I know this is a loooong post, but I have been filled with the knowledge of the blessings I've been given, and since this is the closest thing I have to a journal this is where it goes.
10 comments:
She's such a beautiful girl. Oh boys!! You got to love them!! Sounds like you have REALLY been busy. Sorry I haven't made it over to see her. I just sent the gift with Eli in case I didn't make it over before she grows out of it. Harleigh picked out about ten outfits for her and I made her narrow it down to one. Harleigh LOVES to shop for babies!
hey eli and nicole. could anyone ask for cuter kids - seriously they are so stinkin' gorgeous. i found you through jamie's blog, and am so glad i could read through it to catch up on what you're up to.
anneliese
Hey Nicole- Congrats on the sweet little baby girl. She is beautiful. I want to come see her. I will have to give you a call.Your boys are so handsome!!! They look like they are so in love with her. That's fun.
Your family is so beautiful! I'll have to remember the blow-out thing!
Okay first of all your daughter is just plain adorable!! Second of all your post was hilarious because I find myself thinking some of those exact same things and I only have one child to worry about and you have 3 and 2 are boys, and they are Pena boys. You are an amazing mom and person and they are lucky to have you in their lives. (Even if your head did almost explode because they slashed your couch!!)
What a doll! I understand your gratitude, yet frustrations all at the same time...Being a mom is SO DANG hard sometimes!!!! They are so worth it and I like your thought about things are things. It's hard to remember sometimes (especially when they are expensive things!:)) I hope you are doing good. Eli told me you stopped by the other day...sorry I missed you! I want to get my hands on that little girl! Please stop by again, or I'll call you and come by...somehow we WILL get together!!!!
I read stories like this and am grateful I don't have crazy boys but I am sure you would think the same of my emotional girls. You truly have your handfuls but they are stories that you will look back on an laugh. At least I do with my girls. Your family is adorable!!
She is so beautiful!! I'll bet she has melted her daddy's heart. Who is eli working for on the farm? I feel your frustration with kindergarten. We just get them on a schedule and they get out for 2 weeks. That has been hard at my house too. Now if we were like a lot of other people we could take a vacation during spud harvest, but o that's right I married a potato farmer. I though about makeing spud harvest a girl's trip. Maybe next year. You have a beautiful family!!
Nicole I love her pictures I cant believe how fast she caught onto grabbing the binkie, that is Brianna's favorite thing. I cant believe how crazy your week has been I totally agree on no more spud harvest for the little kids. I cant believe the knife and marker I would of died, but your right it's just stuff. Your a great mom and dont forget that. I think you have tons of patience esp because you put up with Eli, j/k. Thanks for reminding me its just things.
Nicole, so glad you found me. Your family is beautiful, and your little girl.....you are so blessed. You can really tell how small she is in the picture were she is in her car seat.
Isn't being a mom the greatest thing ever, a little nerve racking at times but great.
Take care, we'll keep in touch
Joanna (Peterson) Richards
Post a Comment