Monday, November 10, 2008

Blessing, garments and boys




We blessed Alexis yesterday and it turned out to be such a special day. All of our family came to church and we had everyone over to the house after. It was so nice to see my sisters and have my granpa there. I love that having a baby brings everyone together. She looked so beautiful in her dress and was such a good baby through the whole day. I'm so thankful for how blessed we are to have such great kids. We couldn't ask for better. And I'm especially thankful for such a wonderful husband who honors his priesthood and sets such a good example for his sons to follow. It is such a comfort to me to have him around and to make me want to do better myself. Thank you so much honey for everything yesterday. You made the day perfect!

Ok, now for the fun stuff. Saturday night Eli was getting Alexis in her pajamas and changing her diaper. She was only in a little white onsie and Zach came in and said..... "is that her garments??" This coming from the kid that during sacrament yesterday got sick of his bright blue gum so he took it out of his mouth and looked at his Uncle Spencer and asked him if he wanted it (after it had been chewed on for about 30 minutes). When Spence said no, he said..."but it matches your shirt!". Makes sense.




And just to finish up...this is what happens when boys get sick of having their sister get her picture taken and get a hold of the camera......how can you not love those little faces??

8 comments:

Amber said...

That is the funniest pic of those two boys! Their so funny. Glad you had a good day yesterday, thanks for the soup! Brylee used to ask if her under shirts were her garments. Kids are smart.

and your blog looks great!;)

Lisa said...

Congratulations on the blessing day. Babies are so special. Love your family picture at the top - you all look so great.

Colette said...

Sometimes your stories bring back memories of my kids when they were younger. I love the boys' self portrait. Cute family picture at the top. I've got to get over to see you and hold that beautiful little girl!!

J. said...

love the new family picture. your boys are too funny, and could that baby girl be any cuter. I need to get over and see you.

Jeppesens said...

Your baby is uch a doll. It makes me miss the sweet baby stage. 20 months is not near as sweet, neither is 6. Sounds like a great day!!

The Mcclellan's said...

That's so cute. It looks like you guys had a great day. I love the family picture. Alexis is so cute. I cant believe how different boys and girls are.

Zach and Nikky said...

I love the picture of your family at the top! The garments comment is too funny!

Annalee Taylor said...

Hey, I just wanted to make sure you got your disk, I put it in your door. Hopefully it stayed there! Let me know!