Last Friday Eli's brother Jared got married. It was such a busy week but everything turned out so great. We got to have their rehersal dinner at our house Thursday night too, so we have had plenty of good food, friends and family over the last few days. It got a little chaotic a couple of times (but it's a wedding, right!!) but everything was worth it. The ceremony was beautiful and their bishop had such great words of advice. I'm so excited for them to start their life together, and to have another member of the family. Jared and Maquel are both so laid back and seem like such a good match. Good thing for co-ed softball or they might not have ever met!! Anyway,
we had a lot of fun. Eli was in the line and Tyler got to be the ring bearer. He was so cute...and so well behaved. We need to put that boy in a tux everyday! You could tell he knew he was important and it was so cute! I do have some handsome boys (and a man) in my family. How did I get so lucky!! Zach was so excited before things got started that he couldn't sit still. I don't think he knew what he was excited for, but he knew it was a big day. I think most of all, he was excited for his pink tie. Somewhere along the line during the last few weeks he decided he had to have a pink tie for the wedding. I ordered one from some crazy place in Canada that took my money, said it was on it's way and then disappeared. Every day he'd ask me about his tie. It showed up in the mailbox 2 days before the wedding and saved me from a bucket full of tears. He had to show it to everyone at the wedding. It was so funny. The best was at the reception after the happy couple had their first dance. They played another song and everyone else started dancing. We had each of our boys grab their grandma's to dance with, and about halfway through the song Zach dropped my mom's hands and ran across the gym, found the 3 yr old flower girl and started twirling her around. It was so cute! Sorry mom, but he had to get his moves on! It was so funny because he is usually shy. This little girl is packed full of personality too and obsessed with Cinderella. After the song she went up to her mom and said....."I think I found my Prince Charming!" What a fun night. Now that it is over, we are on to the next big adventure.....Thanksgiving at our house. We got the vote to do it here again with both of our families. I know, I know....everyone keeps telling me I'm crazy. But this is one of my favorite holidays, and I am an anal freak when it comes to the turkey. I love to cook it and have issues with letting anyone else. It really is a problem. If any of you watch Everybody Loves Raymond and you've seen the episode when Deborah cooks fish for Thanksgiving. I would be the annoying, overbearing character of Marie (Raymond's mom). Even though dinner is taken care of she makes and brings a turkey anyway...... Oh yeah, and I'm a loser because the only pictures I have of Jared and Maquel are when they cut the cake. What kind of photographer am I?
Our happy little family
The extra-handsome ring-bearer
Prince Charming and Cinderella at the ball
And this was too good not to post. Eli's Grandpa Phillips. The best thing about this picture is that this was the day before the wedding, when we had the rehersal dinner. Even better is that it is before anyone else had shown up, before the dinner even started. Check out the glasses...now that is a good nap. We love you Grandpa!!
1 comments:
What handsome "Prince Charmings" you have! Your little Princess is beautiful too. Love the picture of Eli's grandpa. That is too funny! I've seen him nodding off a little like that in Sunday School too, well maybe not THAT bad! The glasses are great!! Have a great Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment