Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Eric's baptism

Two weekends ago, we were able to be a part of a pretty special day. Eli's (ex)step-brother was baptized. He moved here from Vermont a little before Thanksgiving hoping he could find some direction in his life. The missionaries started coming over and teaching him. We weren't able to be a part of any of the discussions, but after talking with him a few times it is so neat to see the changes he is already experiencing. His life is turning around and he has such a testimony that it is because he has the gospel in his life now and the direction he was searching for. It was especially neat because Eli was able to perform the baptism. I'm so blessed to be married to a man that upholds his priesthood. I'm so proud of him, that he was able to do such a wonderful thing. That is the second baptism he has participated in over the last 6 months....here in little old Rexburg. What a blessing. (He's already passed the baptism numbers from his mission!) I have thought a lot about those baptisms, and a lot about my own. I hope we never forget the examples that we are, even to people we may not know are looking. When we do what is right, we are promised happiness. Other people see that happiness and want it for themselves. Congratulations, Eric! We are so excited for your decision and are thankful we could be a part of it!

4 comments:

Westlund Family said...

What a wonderful blessing!

Amber said...

hey i was going to call you today but didn't want to bug ya. I just wondered if you decided if you wanted to go all over dark now or what? I was scared to ask cuz Eli said i wasn't touching your hair again! haha

Ashton & Co. said...

Oh Nicole, your kids are so cute! Eli is such a good guy. What a neat family you have! :) I feel so dumb to say this (yet again...) but the holidays and life have taken over the past few weeks. I promise I will make it over before Ali turns one...

Rachel said...

That is so exciting!! How awesome that you Eli could administer such a wonderful blessing.