Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Goodbye 2008

A few weeks ago I tried blogging all about what had been going on in December but my pictures were all messed up and after an hour or so of trying I got ticked off and quit trying to get it to work. So here I am, already a week into the new year and so far behind. For memories sake, I'll do the quick rundown of our December....then next we'll do Christmas. Things started off a little slow for us....then once we got to the middle of the month it started picking up. Tyler turned 6 on the 18th, but not before losing his first tooth late the night before. I honestly think it might have been the most exciting thing that has ever happened to him. I think he prayed for his tooth to get loose and fall out for over a year. His birthday was great. We had a very last minute party thrown together for some of his friends. It went pretty good until the last minute or so when he decided to throw down one of the neighbor kids WWF style and bash his head into the ground because he doesn't bring suckers to school anymore...seriously, the kid looked like he'd been hit in the head with a bat. The family all came over for cake and ice cream and to shower him with every present known to man.....what was left for Santa to bring???? The kid even has more money than his old man now. That weekend we headed to Utah to see the lights at Temple Square. It has been so long since we've been down and we couldn't have asked for it to be more perfect. It started snowing HUGE flakes right before we went. Everything was covered in white...it was so pretty. The boys were more excited about sliding on the slick sidewalks than the lights, and Allie thought it would be a good time to scream because she wanted held, but other than that it was great. Spencer brought his ended up coming with us and proposing to his girlfriend so that made it even more fun. We spent the rest of the weekend hanging out with cousins and swimming at the hotel. Even Alexis got to take a dip. The pool was extra warm so she was in heaven. We got home just in time for our annual family sing-a-long at Eli's grandparents. We dressed Allie in a little Christmas outfit that my grandma gave her and I think she stole the show. Her brothers kept saying she looked like Santa (even though I'm pretty sure Santa doesn't wear a dress). Santa came and talked to the kids and everyone had a great time. It got us all in the mood and ready for the big day to come.

6 comments:

Amber said...

i swear i never see you guys anymore, we need to get together soon. I love Allie in that suit...so cute! and the little christmas outfit is so cute as well, her face is priceless!

Rasmussens said...

Your little girl could not be any cuter. Sounds like lots of fun. Hope all is well at your house.

Ashton & Co. said...

So sorry I'm such a slacker, my life seems to revolve around nap time Way too much.:) I will still make it over there, I promise! Such cute oics- asllie is getting so big. Does she still fit in 3-6 month clothes? Sounds like a fun month!

The Mcclellan's said...

So cute. It sounds like you guys had so much fun. Man all of Eli's brothers are getting married. That's just so crazy. The kids are so cute.

Colette said...

The pictures of the kids are cute! Sounds like you had a good month and a great holiday. The things your boys do just crack me up, the kid better bring suckers to school from now on!

The Lloyd's said...

she's so cute! I'm surprised you found a swimsuit that's small enough to fit her!