Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Why we have kids

Things are finally winding down so I thought I would take a second to load some pictures of the kids from the last couple of weeks. They have been so funny lately. Alexis is really growing and starting to act like a big baby, not a newborn anymore. I'm excited for all that she is doing but it is breaking my heart at the same time. I just want her to stay small, I know it won't be very long before she doesn't think she needs me anymore. Zach has turned into a super-tard. He is the goofiest kid I've ever seen. I can't explain it, hopefully the picture will help. He is also turning into a little stinker. I'm pretty sure the only phrase he knows at this point is "I can't." Somehow in the last few weeks he has forgotten any skill that he has been taught over the last 3 1/2 years, must be some new form of amnesia that comes after a sibling is born. Tyler has been a little turkey lately. He is such an independent little boy. His personality is so different from mine and Eli's and I have to keep reminding myself that one day, hopefully, his independence will be a strength and good quality. Right now we are at war with his temper and trying something new. The boys get to earn 2 ctr points a day for making good choices and being obedient. After they earn 20 points, they get a toy (which we had them pick out). The toys are sitting on our fridge so they can see them each day and remember how bad they want to play with them. So far it is working. It might just be a miracle in progress.

Tyler getting rocked after playing Zach-in-the-box with his brother and Grandpa



Zach was so worried about our newspaper being in the driveway that he put on his dad's snowmachining boots to rescue it.

The happiest baby I've ever seen.

Allie has found her thumb and it tastes way better than her binkie!

Two rosy cheeked little boys and the sister they can't keep their hands off of.

5 comments:

Westlund Family said...

So is so beautiful! The boys are cute too!

Jeppesens said...

Your baby is growing up so fast. Sorry about the drama on xmas eve. You could have called me, we worked at our office on xmas eve day and the day after xmas. We didn't take much of a break!! I feel the same way you do I hope life slows down now that the holidays are over. I just can't wait to get into my house.

Colette said...

She is getting prettier every day! Your boys sound like such characters. I laugh at your pictures with the boys and Alexis. I have so many similar poses with Brodie, Jayce, and Harleigh. The one by the swing reminded me of them. Could they have once been that little?

The Lloyd's said...

too freakin' cute! i miss them!

Rachel said...

Alexis is so adorable. I love the picture of her sucking her thumb. I can't imagine the crazy things that boys do.