Monday, April 21, 2008

Our Weekend Away

Can you tell how happy he is???
After we took Andrew to the MTC we took a few days for a much needed little family getaway. We started off by taking everyone to Chuck E. Cheese. Tyler has wanted to go since he was 2, and reminds us at least everyweek about how much he loves Chuck E. Cheese and needs to eat there even though he has only seen it on TV. So we kept it a surprise and didn't tell him until we pulled into the parking lot. He was so excited he couldn't sit still. All of Eli's family came with us and I don't know who had more fun, Tyler and Zach or Eli and his brothers. We were there for over 3 hours. It was so much fun. All of us played the games and the boys had a serious battle with the basketball hoop shoot. It got pretty intense but no matter how much time or money Spencer spent, he still came up one point shy of Jared's record. Oh well, we ended up getting more than enough tickets to get our kids some pretty fun prizes to keep them entertained in the car.


Once dinner was over we headed to Park City for some relaxation and family time. It was so nice just to spend time with each other and the boys. We always have so much going on it seems like and it was nice to have no plans, and nothing to do. We stayed at a fun hotel at the Canyons and did a little shopping and a lot of swimming. The kids loved it and were so good the whole time. We took the kids to Hogle Zoo on Friday and they had a blast. There were so many animals and we were there while they were feeding a lot of them so we got to see quite a bit. Zach's favorites were all the monkeys. He would get so excited when they would start to swing and jump around in the trees. Tyler said he liked the Tiger the best, but it was sleeping when we saw it, and I'm pretty sure he spent the most time in the lizard room because there was one little lizard that would chase him and follow his finger back and forth in his tank. He thought it was so cool! Once we were done with the zoo we headed Eli's cousins to hang out for a little while. They have kids our age and they love when they get to see each other. We didn't do too much, but it was nice to relax. Once the weekend was over we were ready to get home and back to real life.

7 comments:

Cherish said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. It's so nice to get away for a few days. Your boys are so cute.

Rasmussens said...

Your boys are so grown up. Looks like you guys had a great time. So fun to see your family.

Westlund Family said...

Looks like so much fun!

Amber said...

YEAH I'm glad you got to go have some fun!!! ....but I'm also very glad you are back! I don't know what to do with my kids when your gone because you are like their
2nd mom. Sad I know, but true. Thanks for all you do!

Tara said...

Nicole! I found your blog thru Lyndi's. What a cute fam you have. You look EXACTLY the same. Very pretty! I'll check in on your blog again :)
Tara (Anderson) Niederer

The Lloyd's said...

way to not visit your sister! :P I love you. Your kids are so cute, and I wish we got to spend more time together. Next time you're in the neighborhood, you need to give me a call!!

Zach and Nikky said...

Your boys are adorable! I hope everything is going well for you. Congrats on the upcoming new arrival to the family! -Nikky