Friday, May 9, 2008

Down at the Hollow

Looking for his echo with Grandpa Kim













Eating the smarties out of his head
Last weekend we went out to the hollow on Grandpa Kim's farm. It is always so much fun. The weather was perfect so we brought some hot dogs and marshmallows and just kicked back. Eli's mom and brothers came too so it was really nice. The boys always love it. There are two golden eagles that have been there since my dad was a kid. (I don't know if it is the same two, but they have always been there). It was really neat because they flew really close to us this time. We saw a rock chuck too. It was kind of cool because that was the first place I saw my first one when I was little and this was the first one my boys had seen and I swear it was right in the same place. It is such a perfect little spot to just go and relax. The boys had fun playing catch with their uncles, and Zach loved eating the marshmallows, even though I think more got on his hands than in his mouth. Oh, and about the picture of Tyler. My Grandpa Roy used to knock on our heads when we were little and if we had been good, somehow he magically pulled a ton of candy out. Well, my dad must have the same gift because every time we see him, candy starts raining from our kids heads. He's not quite as sly, but I guess my kids are the first so he gets to practice on them. Being out there really makes me want it to get warm so we can start camping with the kids. All they need to be happy is a stick and a fire....just watch your hair!


5 comments:

Tara said...

So fun... My daughter Julia is sitting on my lap as we are looking at your blog. She thinks the picture of you son with the marshmallow in his mouth is so funny. We have clicked on in several times. Now she wants one!
I think that is very cool about the eagles.

Rasmussens said...

I miss good old Rexburg. Many memories down in the hollow. Your boys are too cute.

Westlund Family said...

Very fun! The boys are super cute!

Ashton & Co. said...

The hollow ROCKS! :) Your boys are so cute... I bet your dad loves having your boys around!

Lisa said...

This looks like such fun. Camping was never my forte, but maybe for the kids sake we will have to try it out again.