Did the universe stop moving??? I didn't feel it, but I've had to wonder ever since our last doctor's appointment. The verdict is in, the truth is out.....the Peña's are having a girl!! What?!?! Can it be real? I thought only testosterone ran through Peña veins. Girls are so rare in this family???? We really couldn't believe it even after we saw it, even after Tyler got his Chuck E. Cheese cheesy face, even after he grabbed his brother around the neck and said "did you hear that Zach???? We're having a cheerleader!!!!!" even after we tried to tell ourselves that people have girls everyday. So Susan was nice enough to sneak us back in this morning for a better look. (Brooke, your mom is the best!) She was so stubborn yesterday and had her legs all tucked into her butt, but today she gave us a better show. Her feet were in the way for a while, but then there it was.....no boy parts!! We looked from every angle...top, middle, bottom and back. There just isn't anything there. At least nothing our other two have. So now we have a 99% chance that it will be wearing pink. Eli is still convinced it will come out needing blue but for now we'll just get ready for big changes in our boy proof house. The boys are so excited now....we'll see what they think when they start parking their hotwheels and throwing their baseball gloves next to some pretty pink princess shoes!! Even if it was a boy we would have been excited...maybe just a little more prepared. It will be a good change for all of us.......I keep saying I need more patience. I guess heavenly father thought that meant I needed to learn to live through emotional breakdowns and moodswings instead of black eyes and bugs.
The Opposite of Hate isn't Love
7 years ago
13 comments:
Congrats, that is so exciting, girls are so fun but are complete drama.
Nicole, I am so excited for you!! Girls are the best. Very moody, but fun. I don't think we know how to make boys, but I guess when we decide to have another one maybe I can have hope. Your boys are so cute. Hope all is well with your family.
Congratulations! She will be adorable... and I'm sure she'll rule the house. It'll be good practice for your boys. :)
Oh my gosh Nikki! I am so excited for you!! That will be awesome! I loved your comment about when you went to Mud Island...Becky was telling me that she remembers it to and wants to go back when she comes to visit me. ha! About the baseball thing, I'm not sure how to do it. My husband put it on our blog...I'll ask him and let you know. Hopefully I get to see you next week when I'm in town! (shh..don't tell your dad I am coming, it's a surprise)
Congrats! That is so exciting. Hold onto your hats and your patience. I am kidding. They are so much fun. I am gald you were able to get another ultra sound and be sure. I love what my mom does.
Congrats! I really can't see her ever being a cheerleader though!
Yay! She will be extra cute! The first time I set up a doll house, I about bawled! I was so excited. We had been in boy mode for so long, I forgot what it was like to play with girlie things!
But I still love all the boy stuff we do! Having kids is just the best!
Be prepared for those LONG lasting mood swings from her! ha ha ha
I knew it all along! The sickness and all I just had a feelin. I'm so happy for you, she is going to be adorable! Thanks for coming today to the party it meant alot.
Congrats - so far we have the exact opposite in kids, at almost the exact same ages! When are you due with your cheerleader? You guys will have so much fun(and lots of drama) with a little girl. Your boys will be big helps once she hits dating age!
Congrat's. That poor little girl, with two rough big brothers. I am sure you are both so excited, little girls are so precious, you will love it.
Yeah for you guys! Girls are SO much fun! She will be darling - and I'm sure she'll be tough with 2 older brothers. I am way excited for you!
I am so jealous. At least someone out there is having girls. I am still in denial about a 3rd boy. Aren't I pathetic? I am very happy for you guys! Have fun!
Congrats, that is so exciting!! Girls are so much fun, it will be so fun to have two older brothers to protect her and look after her!! They will be so proud!!
Take Care!
Post a Comment